While roses symbolize love and care, they are also known for their benefits to your skin and for being the most fragrant flowers in the bounty. Rose Water has been around for centuries and dates back to ancient times when Cleopatra first used it. Extracted from rose petals, this humble but equally effective skincare remedy helps provide better skin tone and cleaner skin with every use.
This magical potion was used for beauty and wellness purposes in the West. It slowly spread to the rest of Asia and Europe. It plays a role as a beauty ingredient and offers various other benefits for a well-rewarding skincare experience. It offers even better results when used regularly in a sane manner.
Works for all skin types
You could have oily, dry, sensitive skin, or combination skin, but this ingredient works equally well for you. It does not harm and can be added to your skin care regimen without a second thought. That’s what makes this magical water so effective.
While many products are out on the market, the anti-inflammatory benefits of this water are magical. This article will quickly take you through the benefits of rose water and various ways it can be added to your skincare regimen.
How is Rosewater made?
Known as ‘gulab jal’ in Hindi, Rose Water is scented water that is made of roses and is quite effective at treating various skin care and hair care issues. Pure Rosewater is made by a steam distilling process in which the crushed petals of the rose are boiled in hot water. This mixture is left to be cooled down and is then packed appropriately.
It is also produced as a by-product during the manufacturing of rose oil. Be it oil or water, the extracted natural alternative contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties that make it a major player in improving skin and hair health.
Tip: Before pampering your skin with naturally extracted water from roses, you should cleanse and exfoliate your face with a safe and gentle Charcoal Scrub to remove dead skin. This would help you have a refreshed and glowing appearance.
Benefits of using rosewater:
- Soothes irritated and inflamed skin: If you are suffering from irritating and blotchy skin concerns such as Eczema or Rosacea, the water extracted from rose petals has the potential to cool down the discomfort.
- It contains anti-inflammatory properties and ingredients like Vitamin A and C that hydrate and soften the skin. They also help reduce the redness caused due to acne and allergies.
- Treats skin infections and wounds: Mamaearth Rose Water contains antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help speed up recovery. It also heals minor cuts, scars, or burns. This perfumed water also eases out minor skincare infections and soreness.
- Helps treat eye infections: This magical water contains analgesic and antiseptic properties that help treat various conditions that affect the eyes and eye infections such as conjunctivitis and dry eye syndrome.
- Combats signs of anti-ageing: Derived from the rose petals, rose oil and Rosewater contain powerful antioxidants that help protect cells from damage. In addition, these antioxidants contain potential lipid peroxidation inhibitory effects that treat signs of aging.
It helps the skin retain its firmness and bounciness by pulling out dirt and excess oils from the pores and providing the required hydration. In addition, it treats dark circles, fine lines, and puffiness with regular use.
- Maintains the skin’s natural pH levels: During the day, our skin faces a lot of resistance due to dust, pollution, and other environmental aggressors. Regular usage of harmful cleansers disrupts the pH balance of our skin, leaving it prone to bacterial infection and various skin conditions such as rashes and acne.
Did you know? Rose Water has a pH level of 5.5, which helps restore the skin to its normal pH level. Apart from treating various skin conditions, it helps in boosting your mood by relaxing your mind and helping you sleep better.
How to use it in your daily skincare routine?
Here are some of the best ways to incorporate this perfumed water into your daily skincare regimen.
- As a Cleanser: When mixed with Multani Mitti, it works as an effective cleanser that removes dirt, oil, and grime and unclogs skin pores. It is also effective in calming out any skin inflammation and breakouts.
- As a Toner: Toning is an important part of the skincare regimen that people mostly overlook. A Mamaearth Rose Water toner helps remove the leftover oils and dirt from the deeper layers of the skin that the cleanser has missed. In addition, it aids in maintaining the skin’s pH balance.
- As a Makeup Remover: Finding a perfect makeup remover is a big task for people with sensitive skin. Opting for a toxin-free makeup remover that does not contain alcohol or harmful chemicals is best. Opting for a rosewater-based makeup remover will help dissolve the makeup and calm your skin down.
- As Facial Mist: For providing a refreshing feeling, you can spray a natural rosewater facial mist during the summers. It also provides adequate hydration to your skin cells and keeps them resilient to seasonal dryness.
- As a Body Lotion: A body lotion backed by Rosewater and hydrating benefits of milk will help you provide an intense dose of hydration to your skin. Also, it will keep your skin soft and supple.
Can you use rose water daily?
Yes, of course. Rose water is safe for regular use and can be applied daily. It is extremely gentle and can be used daily as a cleanser, toner, facial mist, or moisturizer, allowing you to keep your skin hydrated day and night.
How can you deeply exfoliate your skin?
You can help you deeply cleanse your skin by using a deep exfoliation formula that gives you a youthful look. Backed by Activated Charcoal, Walnut, and Tea Tree, Mamaearth’s Charcoal Face Scrub provides detoxifying effects by absorbing excess oil, removing dead skin cells, and promoting clear skin that helps prevent acne.
Rosewater benefits the skin in multiple ways, manages skin inflammation, and slows down the process of skin aging. Regular use of Rosewater will help you improve your skin and give you an even-toned complexion.
We recommend using Mamaearth Rose Water and Charcoal Face Scrub for a healthy and brighter complexion. The products are curated with the help of natural and toxin-free ingredients. In addition, Mamaearth is Asia’s 1st MadeSafe Certified and a plastic-positive brand that is committed to making the world a cleaner and greener place to live in!